View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3726733)   #30
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
The biggest continual conclusion to be drawn from all the times in sessions of late is that these cars are FAR too easy to drive. All drivers within 102.5% of the pole time. BTCC and Alan Gow try to use this as reason to wax lyrical about the competitiveness of the series; but in reality it just shows how homogenous and uninteresting it has become.
Bit harsh. I think it says more about the spread of talent through the field than how easy the cars are drive. I attend the BTCC at Croft, Knockhill and Oulton Park and up close the cars look a real handful to me. Especially in fast corners. Thruxton on TV looks wild, with all the cars looking very nervous. Last year and in all previous years of NGTC there have been 'gentleman drivers' constantly a few seconds off the pace at every track on the calendar.

My understanding was that these cars are harder to drive than the previous spec cars involved in the BTCC? From what I've heard, there is quite a narrow operating window with regards to car setup so perhaps that is why the entire field is are now separated by a small chunk of time.