View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3802221)   #869
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yellow flags work, they do all over the world. Sometimes drivers choose to ignore the message, believing they can judge the situation on arrival, as a result of which it's often now too dangerous to attend because they're wrong.

Unfortunately this point of the circuit has previously seen secondary impacts due to drivers ignoring the message they were being given and lights wouldn't change that as it's a choice they make.

On this occasion tv pictures appear to show a delay in the flag being shown, although I'm well aware tv can give a false impression. None of us here knows for certain therefore, and speculation is probably unhelpful.

I was one of the foreign marshals attending and so I'd like to make it completely clear that we did so as a choice - a chance to experience one of the greatest circuits in the world - and there is no question of us coming in 'to help' as commented above, the implication of that being that the local marshals need that help. They absolutely don't, and everyone I had the pleasure of working with displayed the same degree of skill and professionalism as I'm accustomed to anywhere I've been. No worries on that score.