View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3743091)   #81
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Where has the 0.7-1s figure come from. It has previously been claimed that the gap to Sutton was about 0.5s (a figure given by JP himself).
'I now know why there’s a 0.5 second gap between me and Ash'.
Is it plausible that Sutton could be 0.1s quicker than Turkington was?
Looking at the qualifying post-Brands, Sutton was 0.8s quicker at Croft, 0.3s at Oulton, 0.5s at Thruxton and 0.6s at Donington (pre-exclusion), so you're correct, I'd just remembered the difference from Croft and assumed it was similar elsewhere so I apologise!

Looking in more detail at last year, the average qualifying delta overall was 0.25 in favour of Turks (excluding the wet/dry Donington session) - however pre-Oulton it was 0.55s (again excluding Donington) and 0.2s from Oulton onwards, although ballast may have swung this in Plato's favour a bit. The average delta this year (excluding Brands) is 0.55s.

That's still a 0.3s difference overall between '16 and '17, although the delta is the same when you just take into account the troublesome start to '16. Perhaps Plato can't drive around problems as easily and isn't as adaptable as other drivers?