View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2006, 13:05 (Ref:1804918)   #14
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'll just share one story which really sums up Peter Brock in my humble opinion:

I had the pleasure of spending a Bathurst weekend with none other than Peter Janson's entourage in his double decker bus. All the trappings - booze, food, girls etc and it happened to be e great race for Janson as well - it was the year he followed Brockie around for the last few laps culminating in his glorious 360 degree spin at the finish which saw Brockie not being filmed taking the flag. Now any normal human being would get a bit annoyed at this, I'm sure.
Later on in the evening, after much frivolity, one of the girls (my sister in fact) suggested that we really should congratulate Brock and see what they were up to. The Captain stood up said very loudly "Everybody ... off to Brocks". The entire party (maybe 30 of us) marched over to the Holden tent to do just that. Upon reaching the entrance, we were told in no uncertain terms by the man guarding it to **** OFF. Brock spied Janson and Adrian and intervened - "Everybody in" he said. Now we were 73 sheets to the wind I can tell you but he was a trusting soul, PB. He didnt have to do that and could well have pretended not to notice but he was'nt that sort of guy.
Funny conclusion - Brock said to Janson that he knew what he was doing (getting his sponsors on TV) but that he was cruising to make sure the car was OK. The Captain said "Cruising? ****, I was driving my arse off to keep up".

Last edited by John Turner; 3 Jan 2007 at 11:22. Reason: Driver Files edit.