View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2013, 00:06 (Ref:3327303)   #25
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
What I find interesting is that while people will rattle on and on about the carnage at street-course races, and how they should be dropped from the schedule, I'm hearing no such rhetoric about Fontana, which had a heck of a lot more retirements than the street circuits did this year (unless my memory is faulty?).

They should dump this race. Half the field out because of spins, shunts and mechanical failures? This is entertainment? The much ballyhooed championship fight essentially came down to tire management and mechanical issues. Woo. It was really exciting early on when Castroneves actually took the lead... and then... fizzled.

If it sounds like I'm trolling/agitating - I'm not. Although I watched the whole race because I was excited by the championship outcome, I really don't see this as a useful addition/retention to the schedule.

Thoughts?
The seams on the track surface need repaired. Maybe a repave. And I think the race should be broken down, make it two 150-200 mile "sprint" races. But I think most of the races should be standing start double-headers instead of the Indy 500.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)