Thread: DTM DTM 2016
View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3691911)   #188
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Germany has a great GT3 series in ADAC GT Masters. People tune into DTM for touring car racing.

Touring cars have always meant to be different, as a GT fan mainly I enjoy watching BTCC very much for its more rough and tumble nature. I'd say that's where WTCC and DTM has lost its way a little, one touch and these cars are out of the race.

I'd like to see a little body bashing. Nothing overly intentional, but knowing you can learn on each other a little allows people to race closer and a little rougher.

To me that's what touring cars should be, and I think BTCC do that really were. Close, hard, sometimes slightly brutish racing. It's good fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, DTM turned too much towards silhouette-overly-technological something and despite the fact I really like this series, I don't find this good. DTM should be again touring car. I wouldn't want to see DTM with TCR or NGTC cars, DTM should remain DTM, but with less aerodynamics, less downforce, no DRS. When these cars bump into each other (it happens very often) small pieces float in the air like hell. It shouldn't be like that in touring cars.

And when it comes to last part of your post. Yes, I agree, BTCC is fun to watch, but for me it's Aussie Supercars which is the best touring cars in a pure meaning of this term. Exciting, aggressive, unpredictable, but still very powerful, fast and loud.