Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2484285)   #21
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mike, the answer is that you need to get an Inspector sorted via the MSA who will hopefully sort that part of the form out. The download has facility if you click on some highlighted parts at top to choose the category, but best to get chatting with the said Inspector and get advice from them.

Oh, and will be interested to know if you also have to put down gear teeth count for all gears in your 'box as well. (Latest requirement!)

Hope that helps
Well, I'm not going to dismantle my car to answer that one, what a load of bull! I just hope the guy who rebuilt it knows the answer, I suspect that most of us will just put down whatever the text book says and keep their fingers crossed.

No wonder I have decided never to compete in Historic racing, sell my car and return to the world of the VSCC.

Anyone would think that the MSA believes that there is a lot of cheating going on and that it can be controlled by more and more bureaucracy. I have a Blue Book for 1967, it is about as thick as the advertising section of the 2009 edition!

I shall put the money towards finishing this.

Steve McQueen.