View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3110942)   #119
Good old boy
Rookie

Good old boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
I can't help thinking Pizzonia winning downgrades the level of competition in the series and therefore the drivers within it. It was like when Adam Carroll waltzed in last year and cleaned house. Weak field means supersubs can come in and shine.

What has happned this year is that Quaife Hobbs has totally dominated this championship against some other decent talent who you don,t seem to have heard of .

Quaife Hobbs had a small blip this weekend with first race pit stop wheel problem and then in race two going off on pit entry driving at 10 10ths with a 36 second lead over Pizzonia with only four laps to go.
With approx 26 second pit stop he would have beaten Pizzonia by about 10 secs.

Pizzonia was and is still one of the very best single seater drivers around who was in F1 as a proper test and reserve driver for Williams and then as Williams F1 race driver and then went on to race for Jag for a season as Mark Webbers team mate.

And then Quaife Hobbs out paces him all weekend topping time sheets in both free practices and then P1 in Qualifying.

I think perhaps the armchair person who writes this do,s not have a clue about racing as with Van de Drift, Varhaug, Campana, and Sirotkin you have a collection of top you talent that is learning it,s trade in a great championship in a 550 BHP car.

What i am saying is that Pizzonia was playing second fiddle to
Quaife Hobbs all weekend apart from the breaks he got during the races and by the way he only qualified 3rd so prhaps with all his experience maybe you can see that this championship is a much higher level than you seem to think but by your comments i think you are one of those armchair racers who pass,s opionions on series and races when you do not seem to know any of the drivers or there talent.