Thread: What to wear
View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3217194)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Long sleeves, long legs as mentioned above. That and the lid is the only thing actually stipulated. Here is the only clothing 'regs' from the last track day I booked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin Trackdays
c) For obvious safety reasons we strongly recommend that limbs are covered whilst on circuit. Even in standard vehicles. Please make sure drivers and passengers bring appropriate attire.

d) Helmets that are fit for purpose must be worn whilst on track. Helmet Hire is available on the day @ £10 per day.
Fireproof and all that is good if you have it. I have a race suit and used to feel silly wearing it on track days, but why not if you have something. And why not a proban like those linked. Also good 'cus it protects you deckin' in your Armani. You are trying to avoid too much expense and I do think it is OTT for a track day. If you drive correctly it is very unlikely you'll end up in a fire.

I would recommend your lightest and favourite trainers, or similar. Something light that isn't going to catch on pedals or diminish feel. I find this important.

Maybe some gloves too depending on your steering wheel. Bad gloves will annoy, but good ones aren't like using them.

All these things make good birthday and Christmas presents for the track dayer! But I reckon you've thought about all this non-essential stuff.