Thread: Driver Lewis Hamilton Champion
View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3785675)   #241
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
The Americanisation of Lewis is now complete
because he is calling it soccer instead of football right?

i thought it was a funny joke.

as for the rest of his quote...i dont think he is wrong....well at least in terms of shoe, jerseys, apparel, sports equipment sales.

not to confuse TV ratings with global awareness, but in terms of marketability (as a function of how well known someone is hence global awarness), American football players (although i would say American Basketball players eclipse NFL players on a global scale) and soccer players are far more well known and dominate the global advertising market.

add to that the top tennis players, a few Olympians, some golfers, boxers back in the day, and the occasional cricketer.

in this respect, f1 drivers dont really come close imo.

as an aggregate, loads more people may watch F1 but i would say more people are willing to drink out of drivers shoe then actually buy a shoe endorsed by a driver.

anyways, the leaving the sport talk and now this quote...my feeling is that this is someone working what should be the largest F1 contract of all time.