View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2024, 17:17 (Ref:4197070)   #179
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
The main problem appeared to be with the MAN diesels; now MAN have a very good reputation so this was strange to say the least. To cut a long story short, it turned out that the “MAN diesels” were cheap Chinese copies and MAN had never had anything to do with them.
Even the US Govt gets caught out by fakes it appears.
On a lesser scale, a few years ago I bought a new lawn mower and the best deal around for what I wanted was a Sanli. A Chinese product of course.

Well known for some time in Aus, as I understand things, but not so common here - at least not under their own name.

I think they manufacture for a number of other lawn mower brands and and also produce versions of the Honda engines used in mowers sold as Honda. They use whet appears to be the same engine in their own units.

It mostly alright. I ha some problems with starting in the early months but a new spark plug seemed to fix that. It's always been dodgy re-starting when warm. Still is but somewhat better these days. I think it a carb problem but no idea what will finally fix it.

However, it really does not present as being of a quality one might expect with a different brand name attached.

It just gives the impression that it has the potential to be a very good product and does a decent job but one or two of the components may be a bit sub-par without be catastrophically bad. That's OK for a mower. Not so good for a component of a more expensive product.