View Single Post
Old 28 May 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3254739)   #83
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
I agree with GT86, if Billy, Bobby & Jimbo want to set up a 'new' series for TL's or Ute's or Honda's, MX5's or just for Red Racing Cars that is fine & their decision. However I don't see how or why MSNZ should be involved, apart from administration stuff, sanctioning etc.

My views are the best classes are those run by the actual competitors where the competitors made decisions on the path & rules etc for the series, which I believe is basically where VEEGA came from.

Now if the VEEGA members (competitors) voted in Lancaster & Co to run it & they decided that V8ST was the place to be then so be it, that decision has ultimately come from the competitors. If others think that can run a better series elsewhere, then that's also fine the competitors will decide whats best for them & enter one or other (or both), but MSNZ shouldn't have fingers in either pie's.

I don't think that MSNZ should be involved in any shape or form with the promotion/ownership of ANY series, except deciding where their NZ championship title are awarded. If they have made a commitment to TL until 2013/14 that's fine as its not like the TL cars have no-where to run... unlike the Mini's, PRS & other 5 minute wonder classes.
Well said, and the point is that MNZ having involvement with a "new" series that some may see as being directly in competition with ST must be a conflict of interest. Not that they seem to care about level playing fields, or at least Budd and Harris don't.