View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2010, 00:59 (Ref:2665187)   #564
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds great Jagtech

I really like the idea of keeping the old cars to run aongside the new. The concept of a good driver in an old privateer chassis battling the big boys is very appealing, and the greater choice in setup variables will surely give a sound driver/engineer relationship renewed importance.
Roger Penske is no fool. I'm sure he is aware that all is not well at the moment. But it is bad business to say so in public. If the series was doing so well he wouldn't have Team Penske on his cars, he would have a paying sponsor or at the very least one of his own corporate names painted there getting exposure. Team Penske logos give me the impression that he wants the cars to look as important as they did in the Marlboro days but there is really no point promoting anything as no one is watching anyway. But enough of the negative talk.
Your concept gives a solid grounding for the series to continue for the next decade without enormous expense to the privateers with only the big boys needing to buy the new equipment initially. Whether they will want the old Dallaras to be of equal performance is another matter however.
The different chassis/engine combinations will undoubtedly create a greater visual spectacle and with the presumed improvemnent in the racing on ovals we should have a solid footing to re-establish a solid spectator support base without sending all the teams bankrupt in the process.
We all know we need good racing amongst strong teams before the televison numbers and sponsor dollars will go up.
Yours sounds like a better way to reclaim the lost ground than to try and do it overnight with a radical new car and an eco engine that is nothing more than another spec series, and an expensive one at that.

Thumbs up Jagtech !