Old 13 Oct 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1432286)   #10
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One word:

"ugh"

Ladies and gentlemen, we give you... *drumroll*... "swtichback-hairpin-ring" *audience gasps*

Ok, so the positives are a banked infield corner like Shell Hairpin at Oulton that looks quite good, and a nice medium/high speed left turn onto the straight, but which doesn't look that challenging though.

BUT

Coram loosened?!?!?! Make one of the most challenging corners in the country LESS difficult?!?! Two very tight hairpins (read, probably tightest in the country), although after high speed corners, might be quite interesting under braking, but what are the overtaking chances? And that whole first infield looks to me like a cross between the Merc Arena at Nurby and the Stowe circuit at Silverstone, neither of which is noted for being that inspiring to drive. And we've got rid of Russell at last, hurrah! But hang on, we've stuck another similarly irritating chicane in elsewhere in the lap. And just think of the effect on average speeds...

OK, I'm not sure an awful lot more could have been done given the land available, but in my mind this isn't much of an improvement, certainly not to drive at least. It just seems like a case of lengthening for lengthening's sake. I hope I'm proved wrong...
So I ride out to the old sundown