View Single Post
Old 7 May 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1908302)   #1
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BIMF carpark

The carpark at the BIMF had a few classic cars, I've just started a thread in the historic racing section so I thought I'd throw a few pics up here too. HERE is the link for the gallery - mostly photos of the production cars that had a 12hr race on the Sunday, won by a BMW 335i.

This is a 1975 Ford Falcon John Goss Special. Goss had won the Bathurst 500 the year before, so what better way to celebrate (ie flog a few more cars) than with a V8 and lairy 70s paint scheme. Note the rear wheels (7") are lost in the rear arches, which were designed to take 10" rims for racing.

1968 Holden HK Monaro GTS 327 - Holden's first entry into the muscle car market, and was also successful at Bathurst the same year.

This drag racer (1971 Holden HG Monaro) is "somewhat" modified (1000+hp worth of modified!), it certainly did some big, smoky, block-out-the-sun burnouts on the front straight!

And several miles further from the wall, this is a WWII Ford Blitz truck with a Bristol Viper jet engine on the back. This also did some demonstration runs at lunch time, and while the yellow Monaro did not, this had me blocking my ears - the afterburner/reheat came in with a visceral thump and you could feel the heat from 50m away... I realise this is stretching the whole "classic" thing, but both the truck and the jet are classic in their own right, right?