Thread: Goodbye Ron...
View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3747922)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
From a Brabham mechanic, to setting up his own team to then taking over McLaren and setting standards, results and operational practices that transformed the sport, Ron has been an integral part of F1 for decades.
His/McLaren's reach went far beyond motorsport - once F1 teams adopted the ways his team had perfected, areas such as healthcare and bits of aerospace industries took them on, too (the latter being a to-and-fro process, with both sectors bringing tweaks to their manufacturing practices together).

If I was him I think I'd be pretty proud of that influence.