View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3812530)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson View Post
Maybe the dry sump is pulling some combustion gases thru the rings. I'm not sure what kind of vacuum I am running but I know it was not fuming with the C10 in it.
Are you sure about the piston rings position (I know, not really easy to check now!)? I dont think the change of gas can make this kind of thing but with more energy you could have to check and adjust your AFR if necessary. What kind of oil are you using (brand and viscosity)? I had this smell in a heavily tuned bike engine (air/oil cooled Suz'), changing the oil brand cured the trouble. But no smoke through the breather.