View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3730056)   #51
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been to a few WRX meetings, just wont be doing any until Silverstone nest year.

They are doing a good job, but their focus is money. The budgets are getting insane, there is no focus whatsoever on club racers or privateers, and that is where the current teams all came from, none of them apart from Ford came from factories.

The sport has NEVER had any money thrown at it, so let's see. If you spent millions on stock car racing or autograss or hillclimbs or some other series they would suddenly get popular too.

I watch a lot of football, and it is crazy to even try and compare them.

The rallycross is not top draw, it has always been good. was arguably the best in the 70's and early 80's, and what happened then, it was in our living rooms, the cars were close, great,. the tracks were awesome. Then we had the GpB era where we were drenched in top quality cars and some great drivers.

The current era is all about money, spending, huge budgets. the racing is very forceful and the tracks are very false and unflowing.

if you like that fair enough, I do not, I prefer a more natural course layout, no joker laps and the private guys able to mix it with the special ones, no excluded as we cant have some guy in a C4 beating the factory cars can we.