View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:54 (Ref:1335309)   #25
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Schumacher: Honestly I understood from talking to one of the drivers that despite turn 13, they would have had the problem anyway, with chicane or without chicane.
Interesting.

I think a chicane could have been built. Whether it would have been safe or not, I don't know .....

The FIA were right not to pander to Michelin - it was not up to them to do so. They provided legitimate options to continue on with the show ....... change tyres and suffer the penalty, come through pitlane each lap, or reduce the speed through the turn and have it monitored by the FIA.

Michelin flatly refused these proposals.

By suggesting a ludicrous proposal (changing the track configuration to suit their tyres), they knew that when the FIA rightly said no, they would have grounds to blame the FIA for not cooperating, when in fact they were the non-cooperative party. They knew full well that certain people will jump at any chance to get stuck into the FIA and played upon that.

I am perfectly happy with the role the FIA played.

The arrogance of Michelin's deflection of blame is staggering.