View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2289187)   #163
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
My first impression of these rules, without much time spent contemplating them, is that they are almost uniformly nested somewhere between bland and stupid. I can only hope that all this effort on the part of the rulemakers to slow things down will be counterbalanced by technological development to the point where the pace is about equivalent to where it was, if not this year, in 2006. I recognize that ACO-rules prototypes are getting scarily fast, particularly apparent in person at Mosport this year, but I don't want to see a snail parade either.

The hybrid thing really really surprised me. With both Peugeot and Zytek having cars in the late stages of development, I was sure the equivalency work would be done over the winter to allow them to be classified next year. Seriously, no points I could understand, but pretending they are invisible is a slap in the face. I can only hope there is an IMSA exemption to this for Corsa next year. Peugeot can afford to run a technology demonstrator around - privateers can't. Their sponsors and investors need results.
Regarding hybrids, would seem the ACO learned their lesson from the diesels. They blew the equivalency with those now they are simply being super cautious.