Old 10 Mar 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3717715)   #7
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Did anyone go to to the World Rallycross at the Circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona) last year? Thought we'd venture out there in April, really looking forward to it as it's Round 1 of Euro and World RX - booked flights and tickets and now looking for recommendations on where to stay and if there was anything on at the circuit on the Saturday evening? Any info much appreciated.
I've been the last couple of years and love it. The atmosphere isn't that good as you sit a little way back (negatives of using an F1 track) however the viewing is superb - you can see 99% of the track from 90% of the seats which is ideal! Plus the weather is always great, and the view is nice too! The paddock isn't bad either, though a 5 min walk away.

I stay near Mollet Sant-Fost station in the ibis hotel - only a 10euro fare each way to be dropped off right outside. Not much on the Saturday night unless you know any of the teams and can lurk in their service area. I often use that time to pop into Barcelona for some food/drinks!