View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3759420)   #568
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Can't understand how such a large country can only muster 17 cars for a race that proved to be fantastic last year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last years winners the Miedeckes and their Aston planned to appear but have fallen off the entry list. Hobson still dealing with the fallout from one of their cars being destroyed at Bathurst 12hr so no Nissan from them. They're a tiny privateer team so that's really disrupted their year. The second SRM BMW is in NZ and is destined to stay there. No Objective McLaren so I'm guessing the car owner is busy with work again.

That's four cars I would've expected to be there.

Shame we couldn't see some more of the fleet of Reiter Lambos that appeared at Clipsal this weekend. Scudd and Dave Russell are the sole R-EX there and hoping they have a great weekend.

There's a lot more cars in garages around the country but for numerous reasons (lack of funding, time and interest, unhappiness with the series) they're just not there.

Was expecting mid 20s at best so 17 is disappointing but if you look past the number there's a good field there with numerous lineups capable of winning.