View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:46 (Ref:626946)   #18
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh Bert - handbags at 10 paces!

Never been clobbered by a Porsche (yet). Been hit on the grid by one of the old Fast Parts (god I could have had a field day there with a yellow paintbrush) when the driver wouldn't come to his grid box, and then at the last moment his foot "slipped" off the clutch. Luckily for me it was wet and he pushed me back. I now wear rigger boots so if anyone ever does that again their car will come off second best I promise.
Nearly got wiped out by Tony Proctor as well in the Sierra - he did a burnout just before the grid and lost it - ended up facing the wrong way on the grid. I think that has to be my biggest gripe with drivers - they have all the space from Paddock to the grid to warm up their tyres - and they do it 20ft in front of you!

I remember at an old Euro meeting a chap in a black Porsche coming to the line with his arm out the window. He called me over and asked me to put a stone under his wheel to stop him from rolling. When I say stone I actually mean a f**k off size piece of flint. He was none too impressed when his stone joined all the others in the gravel trap.

Ahhh the joys of being on the startline.......

Last edited by Hog; 10 Jun 2003 at 10:47.