Thread: Autosport show
View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2614373)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
First time for many years. Enjoyed being able to look at so many different motorsport disciplines together. The drag cars, stock cars and grass trackers in their own way were amazing. I felt a bit short changed on the historic racing front (got Race Retro for that!), but there was a fantastic collection of older rally cars on MSNews stand (I think) and also current historic rally cars on the Roger Albert Clark Rally stand. The fact that some of the firms I wanted to visit had gone home after thurs and fri grated- maybe they don't want my business! And after having a good look at a Lotus 2-eleven I want one.

The HSCC display of F5000s was impressive, and of course a warm welcome from Alan & Alan!

I find the NEC hall layout and numbering very confusing, but that ain't Autosport's fault. Yes, £8 for car park is OTT, but you could save £5 on entrance ticket by registering on line beforehand and printing own e-ticket. I would willingly go by train if the journey wasn't over 5hrs from Norwich and darn expensive. 3hrs door to door by car on a Saturday. And the chance to get Med & ECG done while there made it- for me- a good day out.