View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1657610)   #16
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
While there are no "fly-away" races in NASCAR, the.cosmic.pope, travel is not the easy thing you make it to be. A quick look at a map of the US shows races everywhere from Dover, Delaware to California with stops in Texas, Georgia, etc.

Rob29, I remember the good old days as well when multiple races in one country was the norm and schedules were longer.

Imagine what the budgets would be though! If 18 races = $250 million for Toyota, 30 races would be an easy $125 million more - I mean think of the expense involved in hauling all of those trees around to 12 more venues...I wonder if I could get a job as "Team Shrubber" or something? I can see it now: "JohnSSC, McLaren F1 Team Shrubber." I could have assistants wearing those crazy looking helmets the pit crew gets to wear, and kevlar watering cans with unobtanium handles, and a wind tunnel to measure the impact of the breeze! I could do computer simulations showing how the position of the trees would generate the Maximum Shade Effect! Make that budget $400 million for a 30 race season!

Now where did I put Ron Dennis' number...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.