View Single Post
Old 13 May 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2200843)   #63
jackschmidt
Racer

jackschmidt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it funny that out of all the motorsport forums I go to that mention this stuff, this forum is one of the few that harp against it but I suppose that's a completely different discussion.

Now, to be fair with them, it's the first season and they intend to bring out a good solid car. With no additional information about what the car is and assuming that for most of the season the car is actually in limbo, the F2004 is a very good car to use as a base. Furthermore, since the Ferrari deal started officially in 2008, I'd really have to say there's little time to produce an entirely radical car with a very new design. What is written about the car concept is a bridge F2004/F2005 chassis work with a Ferrari GT2 engine. No radical changes are going to happen.

That doesn't mean the car won't change though. There's still quite a few more months before the actual official car testing. Car unveilings can come and go, as far as I'm concerned and there could be changes introduced from now to the point it hits the track. Perhaps not radical enough to alleviate concerns that "Hey, it's an old car", but I'd say that the fine and minute changes that are going to happen to this car is going to be for the better.

I don't see bad PR on the F2004 copied design. The F2004 brought a pretty boring season in F1 where Schumi owned them all. Having 22 (or so) of these cars on the grid is going to be pure havoc.