Thread: Project Brabham
View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3457961)   #58
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
What is interesting also is that manufacturers also appear to have moved away (deliberately or otherwise) from Title sponsors so that it is clearer who the manufacturer is. The names on manufacturers cars to me now are mostly those that have provided a service - either free or at a special rate - as part of a contribution to that car.
Certainly not generally. True for WEC though. Look at F1 or WRC and you have hard time finding a manufacturer without a title/major sponsor (major = livery dominated by the sponsor's logo/colors). Which makes me believe there is some kind of problem with WEC. Maybe it isn't as attractive and manufacturers are asking too much. I'm still not going to believe stamping sub-brands/own slogans on the fin a la Audi is more worth it than "free" sponsorship money.