View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4003096)   #1678
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
State of affairs for folks expecting/debating to use Motortrend on demand:

Stream quality for currently live and currently red flagged FP2 is good. I believe similar to last year the practice and qualifying session use WEC app comms with Goodwin, McNish, etc, but the race will be Eurosport comms, potentially with Shirt breaks and Tom being awkward.

For this session there are 6 onboards: 1 Rebellion (was working early on in the session even while in the garage), both Toyotas, 3 P2s (21, 38, 50).

Curiously, there are 4 options for what appears to be a decent looking Live timing - P1, P2, GTE-Pro and Am. P1 and P2 feeds appear similar, just the top 30 cars:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Timing.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	64126

GTE Pro shows P1 and P2 Classes split in running order, GTE Am appears dead I will note you can't scroll down. So the wec with extention may end up a better timing source.

For the actual race, two items are listed so far:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sat.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	64127

Hovering on the first feed shows "Eurosport" in the address preview in the browser, and just "Bonus World Feed" for the second. Not sure what that is. Hopefully ambient sounds?

All streams, onboards, and timing screens can be paused to help with syncing.

For people who haven't tried the platform, it's been one of the most solid platforms for me over the last year. It casts to chromecast really well. I think there's usually a free two week trial for new users. (credit card required and you'll need to remember to cancel. I used to just make a new email address for individual WEC races, but jumped on a $24 annual special last December, it's usually $60.

Doesn't hurt they currently have 98% of all Top Gear programming. I've found it a worthwhile service so far.

Last edited by seanyb505; 17 Sep 2020 at 14:18.