View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4132776)   #903
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Given it’s Endurance racing the WEC tv stream positions info is not the easiest to follow when dropping in and out of coverage. Is this ACO or FIA or Eurosport controlled?

Seems to focus on Overall too 20 and alternates to LMP2 top 20 for ages (which up to now is pretty much the same). Then have very brief periods of Pro and Am - sometimes when adverts happen for me watching non-LeMans events. You then have to result in focusing on the ticker stream for some info (which also stops for replays and obviously adverts) or use a phone app if watching live.

The lights system looks good at night but for the other 50 plus cars (and some liveries in daylight) it’s not good. If Blancpain could have all position numbers in screens 4 or 5 years ago - surely it could be better and help get and keep more viewers etc. Maybe top 5 or 10 in each class?
It's an ACO product so graphics are on them. I feel like the WEC stuff is getting a bit better. Maybe a quicker rotation through the classes is called for. Feels like a lot of the time you need to know the car numbers - but they do switch in the team names. I think they're conscious about trying to keep the screen/viewing experience clean and focus on the action (no solid colour panels like IMSA/Blancpain).

It's swings and roundabouts really - in the WEC they don't show the time gaps constantly like in IMSA, but when you do see a battle I feel like they give you far more info and context into what's happening than IMSA (which gives you nothing).

Ultimately when you're watching live there's no substitute for having a good T&S on a second screen. At the race track that also applies if you really want to zone into the battles once pitstops begin. I don't really find any of the external lighting stuff that helpful to be honest.