Thread: Le Mans Classic
View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2011, 00:27 (Ref:3003759)   #67
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
don't bonus's arrive in Feb? (if Simons flurry of,'ooh look at this for sale' emaisl are anything to go by )

daft queastion maybe, but whats the point of listing less than half the entries? is it just to gee up those who's cars are projects? or confirmation your in so you can sell it at a premium?

The point from Peters point of view is to confirm their obvious choices as early as possible to guarrantee well prepared cars, whatever the criteria are.
That is not as bad as You think.
At least it gives the confirmed ones the surety to prepare their entries in good time.

Monaco is muuuuuch more difficult, entries close in mid February, You get to know by end of February for a race in May.
Last time I had 10 weeks to source a 1,5 litre FPF Climax, did it buuuut juuuuuust.

I prefer the Peter/LMC system any day, and I have had it either way with them, a confirmation in December or a wait until February, but still You know early enough for July.

Remember, LMC entries are in theory still open for quite a while.
Peter sit there and watch the quality of the entries that come in, then pick the most desirable, from their point of view.

What people dont realise
Monaco
LMC
Goodwood
This has been going on for a decade now.
The quality and breadth of available racing cars has increased tremendously, so things have CHANGED.
Too many gazillioniares want in now, jumped the bandwagon
Adjust to the fact that cars that got in easy 4 years ago, wont make it today.
Any rarity that gets dug out, pushes out one universal Bentley/Lotus/Cooper/Lola
Oddities rule, left field thinking gets rewarded
I just proved it with the Kieft.

Rudolf