View Single Post
Old 10 May 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3732716)   #158
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My main comment is that it's interesting how those figures all line up in neat columns with nice names like "Long Standing Team". When in reality... It's just teams who wanted (and negotiated) more money, so FOM just creates categories and formulas to generate the expected outcome. Sort of makes it look like there was a grand scheme to begin with.

Generally speaking I think the foundation should be a simple equitable payout system. Beyond there being powerful loosers in that scenario and something like this would require some real strength by Liberty to say "no" to the likes of Ferrari.... I see the problem of it creating something similar to the "Start and Park" scenario in NASCAR. I don't follow NASCAR, but I am aware of the concept. It is teams who really don't try hard, but still get money. You show up, run little in the way of practice and after a few laps in the race retire due to a "mechanical issue" and then collect a purse for last place. It becomes profitable because you never really spend the money required to run a full race or be competitive. But I am sure some solution could be found. I think NASCAR has something that combats that issue.

Richard