View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2007, 13:47 (Ref:1835443)   #173
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that there was Grp N spec car in that region some years ago but I haven't found the post with a quick look. Could be the same one.

Well at least we've got another one for the eventual chassis list!
The advert gives the chassis number as RA2/46. Just taken a look at the notes I'd made from the thread to put together a chassis list (which I will post sometime- been laid low with the flu all week and not posting much...), and according to those, somewhere back in the thread we talked about the Group N car raced by Barrie Williams, then sold via Frank Sytner to New Zealand and used as a roadcar, then apparently rebuilt to Group A, if I've transcribed the details correctly.

The chassis number given for this was RA2/45, and the current owner as a Gerry Hodges. Looking at the email address in that advert, I ownder if the details posted earlier in the thread were a little garbled, and this is the car in question- the owners' name matches, the chassis number is only one out, and the history broadly matches....