Thread: Thanks MGCC!
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2004, 15:39 (Ref:1183212)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've often thought that racing car clubs would be well served by being affiliated to the BMMRC in so far as they could include marshal membership as well as racing membership. That would then get both sides of the barriers speaking rather than waving.

The CTCRC goes to some great venues and sometimes suffers from a lack of marshals. Yet, if there were members of the club as marshals there would be a pool of peeps who would be willing to attend and that then would assist the organising club greatly.

The MGCC example is a case in point. A lot of their marshals come from the rank and file club membership, relying on local BMMRC marshals to provide the overall expertise. It works quite well in my experience. (I remember marshalling between my practice and races on one occaision).