Thread: Engine Oil
View Single Post
Old 5 May 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1293505)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sorry off topic folks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Adam - just a thought - I know I've asked before - have you got a spare XJS cooler laying around yet??
I'm afraid not. In the end I picked up an aircraft oil cooler (it is lovely!). The standard ones do go and are quite rare unless you buy new (which is relatively expensive). Try ebay (!), although most Jag coolers that come up on their tend to be XJ40. You could try scrappers, but you'd be lucky to find a good one. We did buy another car (scrapper) since we last spoke, but the oil cooler had been damaged.

back on topic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
straight mineral for an hours bedding in, and either Millers or 76 for racing both 20/50 for old Ford engines, it tends not to stroll past the rope oil seal !
Yes a problem on older engines. The equivelent seal on the XK engine allows this.