View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3240414)   #38
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Who is saying chuck out the privateers? There were still plenty running in the late nineties. I don't think having more manufacturer P1s necessarily means less privateers. It just comes back to the regs.
As long as we have limited grid spots, more manufactures will always mean less privateers .

A privateer team is in the race for the long run, they live for the racing.
A manufacture team is in the race for a more or less limited time, as it's not what they live for.

For me having 2-3 Manufactures all the time, and the rest privateers is optimal. As I rather see a race being strong for a long time, than it to have a few strong years, and then become weak.