View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2909115)   #134
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The driver issue is going to be very interesting to follow.
Assuming that all current contracts will remain valid in 2014, my take is that Bernhard,Dumas, Long and Lieb will definitely be involved in the program. (Remember that Lieb is playing a larger and larger role as race-car engineer at Porsche so he will have a sizable role in the development work)
Leitz - I suspect may also get a ride.

The issue will be the management of the driver portfolio. Porsche will still have to provide support to the GTE teams, so I suspect Bergmeister (due to size),Henzler, Pilet and Holzer will continue to hold down the fort for the GTE program.
Holzer may get a crack at the prototype as he is showing himself to be quick and is still very young.
Luhr - maybe brought back into the fold, but his little "episode" at Audi may play against him.

Porsche will need to bring in at least two other LMP drivers and possibly two other drivers to support GTE.
I would think that Rene Rast would get offered a contract along with Norbert Siedler.That would take care of GTE.

Bleekmolen and Graf will certainly be possibilities for the LMP1 program.

Sponsorship - Christophorus (official Porsche magazine) had a large article about Dr. Helmut Marko and Porsche in one of their recent issues. Also Red Bull is giving up their NASCAR sponsorship program. Coincidence?