View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2973862)   #166
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
This is wrong, they are certainly safety devices in Armour Plate and laminated safety glass form, I have seen a windshield that has prevented a .38 shell penetrating it and another that prevented a brick from penetrating it at a little over 120kph. Neither of which I would like to try with one of my helmets.

The F15 is meant to resist penetration of objcts at up to Mach 2!
Absolutely you can use laminated glass to prevent intrusion. And that is exactly what would be used. However my point (and the entire conversation) above was about laminated "safety" glass that is used in ordinary automobiles and not armor plating, etc.

Richard

Edit... Argh!! I hate it when I post and it rolls over to another page. Nobody will see my other reply at the tail end of the previous page!