Thread: Tyre rules
View Single Post
Old 8 May 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3732248)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
difficult to predict the unintended consequences of any proposed change.

but that said, i would like to see a change to parc ferme rules.

if the main problem is aero then allowing teams to make more race day changes to set ups so they can actually prepare for their race day starting spot which then gives more choice for race day tires usage and pit stops, take advantage of day to day changes in weather and track temps etc etc and that may in some fashion limit the aero issue.

no doubt the teams will use quali and race trims but i think the money/resource issue could be mitigated by restricting the new parc ferme rules only to the cars who didnt make it out of Q1 and Q2 (sort like what they did with tires).

but for Q2 and below, a greater variety of set ups (including wings that allow for better race day running) may just allow for closer racing within the mid field and on occasion may also allow some mid field runners to make a move towards the front.