View Single Post
Old 11 May 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3732840)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It is the FIA and FOM's responsibility to promote these events. The simple question one only needs to ask is what the heck are the circuits paying their multi-million dollar sanctioning fees for?
a fair question and i totally agree that FOM should be doing a heck of a lot more and sanctioning fees should be going down in order to facilitate the circuits being able to afford more promotion of their own.

that said, i get that Silverstone sells out so maybe they see little incentive to do more...for me that is an issue.

i think the stakeholders who achieve the most success (get the most prize money or sell the most race tickets) have more of a responsibility to promote the sport, to give back, and to engage with their fan base...success, imo, is certainly not a reason to advocate doing less.

and it doesnt have to be London specifically...any market where F1 fans exist in large enough numbers, or could potentially exist in large numbers, should be places where the organizers, the teams, and the venues (basically anyone who is making money off of us) are actively trying to engage with their fans.

anyways my friend...as always agree to disagree