View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3752082)   #83
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Yeah, he's only won Formula Renault UK, finished 3rd in Euro F3 against Rosenqvist and Marciello, won Macau GP, 2nd to Cassidy in TRS, won Gp3 as a rookie, won 5 races in GP2 and got 3/3 wec poles including Le Mans as a rookie.

He's got a lot of experience (200+ races in 7 different cars) so that helps him to jump straight in.
Yes it's a pretty good resume. The blip for me was Gp2, stepping into the Dams #1 seat replacing Palmer who had just dominated the 2014 championship. He wouldn't have gone in as title favourite because Vandoorne. But ending up 6th equal with his teammate and Marciello, with less than 1/3 of the points of Vandoorne. Then the next season 6th again. But it was possibly the car, not Lynn. I don't think he had really strong competition in his Gp3 title season either. ART had some weaker drivers that year. Stanaway was his strongest competition until he went the last 6 races pointless.

Anyway race 2 bought Lynn back down to earth a little with only 17th on the grid. Some bad luck to go out again in the race though.

Hey how about Gasly in race 2 qualy? He certainly made up for the first race with that lap, fastest of the weekend I think? It didn't end up being pole but still a good job, making Nico Prost look pretty average.

Quite cool to have Lynn and Gasly in FE for a couple of races.

Good job Bird though, he's been hooked up around that track.

Daniel Abt getting the fanboost in both races. I wonder if they pay an asian sweat factory for clicks? You could put Alonso or Hamilton into this series and I bet Abt would continue to get the fan favourite vote.