Thread: My Tracks
View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2002, 03:51 (Ref:339300)   #25
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like this one a little more than my first one. Here's how I see it:

Turn 1 is a quite flat, open hairpin and is the 1st passing opportunity of the track.

There is a short, slightly uphill shute to turns 2 & 3. 2& 3 is a fast s-bend. Turn 2 is flat, and the entry to turn 3 is slightly uphill. Between the apex and the exit of 3, the track suddenly starts going downhill.

Almost immediately after 3 is the turn 4 esses section (left-right-left). This is FAST and slightly uphill.

As soon as you exit the esses, you have to prepare for the braking zone for the tight, uphill right-hander - turn 5.

Turn 5 flows into turn 6 (an opening and slightly downhill left-hander). 6 leads the driver (or rider) down the flat-out blast down the back stretch.

At the end of the back stretch is a tight 90 degree right. This, turn 7 is the 2nd good place to pass on the track.

Turns 8, 9 & 10 is a fast downhill right-left-right section.

Immediately out of turn 10, is a tight and flat left, turn 11.

11 flows into turn 12 - an opening, downhill right that leads onto a shortish straight.

At the end of this straight is a tight, flat left, turn 13. 13 is the 3rd and last passing possibility.

Turn 14 is straight after 13, and is another slow corner, this time right.

The exit of 14 sees a steady uphill climb through the fast right-left, turn 15 chicane.

Between 15 and the turn 16 complex, the track flattens out.

The complex at the end of the lap is particularly tricky. The first part is a medium-speed right, immediately followed by a very slow left hairpin, which is immediately followed by an uphill, opening and quite fast right onto the main straight. Straight after the final turn, the track flattens out for the main straight.

Feel free to leave your thoughts - good or bad.
Attached Thumbnails
onionstone2.jpg