View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3749293)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I was at FOS (and there's a thread in R&R related to the relevant content that was at FOS). It's a good event if you're interested in a broad spread of motorsport machinery and a great chance to get up close to some fantastic machines ('The Beast Of Turin' for example). I spent the morning wandering around the paddock and up to the rally stage then settled in a grandstand in the afternoon to watch stuff go up the hill. I can see why the event doesn't appeal to some people - after all a lot of the stuff going up the hill is not 'on it' and a lot of it may not appeal to people if they have a small sphere of interest (if you only like historic sportscars for example then the content may be a little thin for your tastes).

Some of the stuff I could live without (Terry bloody Grant for a start) but I can see why it appeals to people - it's a family friendly thing to stick on for a bit as filler (same with the bloke doing the wheelies and stuff on a motorbike) whilst there's a break.

For me doing FOS in a day is a squeeze - I could happily spend a day up in the woods watching (and listening to) stuff on the rally stage. It's not an event I'd do every year as it's pricey and the content can be 'samey' - I wasn't going to go this year but got offered a ticket so rude not to really