View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4088212)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys. We had so much fun at Anglesey way back in 2019. I had promised HSCC 20 cars which was doable at that time but got let down so we ended up with 14.I was told in no uncertain terms that I had had my chance of any more stand alone races . Behind the scenes we have had a few issues from various people interfering and objecting as to what I was trying to achieve.
Brands Hatch last year I had a good meeting with the HSCC and they have come back around to the idea.Lots of interest and new cars are arriving from the US and coming out of the woodwork.
Formula Atlantic is affordable " to people like me " where as F2 is just too expensive especially if you blow up one of those BMW engines.
At this point I must thank our very own Alan Morgan with his Historic FF2000 championship being so strong and successful this I am sure has helped persuade the HSCC to give me another chance.
Marcus put great article in Autosport and Paul Lawrence has been very supportive as well.
So fingers crossed we will have a decent grid at Brands.