Thread: 10Ths Icon Getting to know you!
View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1665124)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, okay, let me strike a thoughtful pose (something of an incandescent vogue?), and then write some decadent prose. Or not, as the case will hopefully be. Just forget about this first paragraph. Such rambling nonsense just spurted out from somewhere unknown (*starts scary music*).

I was born in October 1981, which makes me 24 years old (for those who can't count). I lived in different parts of Scotland until just before Xmas 2004, at which point I moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

The whole motorsport thing has been a part of me as long as I have memories. This was born of my Dad watching the F1 GPs. I have odd flashes of F1 memories from the mid-to-late 1980s, but proper ones don't really kick in until the 1990s. This spawned my life-long interest in Ferrari. If there is a (are) Ferrari(s) in a race, be it factory or privateer, then my desires of success are directed at said machine(s)/team(s). Red has always been my favourite colour, and it was thus, in those early days of motorsport interest, which was F1, I happened to pick "the red cars" that were well known.

It remains my weakness to this day, and I don't suppose that is ever going to change.

I didn't really start following other motorsport much until about 1993/1994. I had watched other stuff before then, but it was more incidental than anything else. Nowadays, well, I will watch any competition involving motorised vehicles that I find. One exception to this, in terms of TV, is drag racing, although I don't mind it trackside (still doesn't really float my boat too much).

In the UK I managed to get to regrettably small amounts of racing trackside (mixture of lack of transport/funds/time to do so - physical location not helping much for the first 13 years!). However, now that I live near Calgary, it is all good. There is a race track in the city, which has stuff weekly from April/May through until the end of September. So, I get to that most weekends. I have more or less zero knowledge of any of the series that race there, but that is of no real concern to me. The whole point of going to see it is the experience.

In terms of material stuff, by far the most dominant aspect is media stuff: books, magazines, DVDs, videos, programmes. I have some other bits and bobs, but nothing of comparable volume.

I think that just about covers it.

Last edited by Dutton; 26 Jul 2006 at 16:40.