View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3701564)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Briitsh Grand Prix 1954, Gordini T16. Retired lap 53 with suspension trouble.
Jeannot one of my all time heroes.
Thank you so much Bauble. I think only him could place this tiny car among monsters such like Ferrari's and Mercedes. Gordini's cars was pushed beyond the limits bearing in mind that some parts was coming from production cars (Fiat/Simca) and that Amédée experienced some financial issues… sometimes, being often on the tight rope.
Anyway, my mother still states that he was a pretty good valse danser![/QUOTE]

Gerard, I know the Gordini story well, (and was at that race), Le Sorcerer achieved a lot with very limited resources, he must be of great pride to La Francais.

Jean Behra was certainly one of the finest drivers of his era, who had he not been up against and Moss, Fangio could have been so much more successful. I once read of him that "He had more b***s than a Christmas tree", sadly he cared more for actually racing than the politics of the sport.

I am proud to have him on my screen saver.

Regadez

Le bauble. (Whose grasp of French is limited)