View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3701591)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks that was at Spa in 2012. We're back for the three hours in June.

As to the Rover. To comply with my understanding of the regs and the "new" App K the car has to run what it ran in period not necessarily what was homologated. So the regs for the BSCC allowed for a different carburettor as long as you ran the same number of chokes. In the case of the Rovers, the 48IDA was the weapon of choice, which replaced the twin SUs; and that's what is currently fitted and what I'll have for the HTP.

There is a school of thought that they ran the homologated fuel injection system but I know that in 1981, which is the spec of my car, that was not on any of the Works Rovers. Allegedly, although nobody has provided any proof, the PMG Rovers ran the injection system in 1982. My cynicism arises because the cars were run by TWR and if he could see a way of winning then he would have fitted it and as far as I can tell the records show that at the end of 1982 my car at least was on the Weber. Trouble is everyone else is putting the FI on their cars and thus I'm losing around 30BHP!

The French Championship ran triple Webers, but the sister car to mine (the French Marlboro car) is running the injection too. I doubt that I'll be competitive this year under these circumstances but at least I'll know the car is correct. The spectators will just see a slow Rover, (no change there then).