View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2024, 10:15 (Ref:4190734)   #34
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I must admit the thought crossed my mind that the quality of the video not to mention the camera view looked a bit wrong for the era and the technology back then. I think perhaps it might be a 1953 BRM V16 driven by AN Other in more modern times. Perhaps a GoPro type camera rather than a super 8 or similar camera that would have been available in 1953!

I note in the comments there is a mention of Stirling having driven one, but not saying this was a video of Stirling at the wheel.

Great video anyway, regardless of who and when. The sound was good enough on its own.

Edit: Just noticed the poster / uploader on youtube goes by the name of "FollyFilms"
I would agree with all of that, & also Viva's comments about road signs - certainly a 'SLOW' painted on the road looked a bit modern for 1953. Also, he seemed to spend most of the time on the wrong side of the road - surely a bit risky should a 1953 Ford Popular come tottering the other way?

Sorry to burst your bubble, Baubel! The soundtrack was good though...