View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1632183)   #15
Matt Speakman
Rookie

Matt Speakman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216gti
Thanks for that Al. Avro and Matt, reply is on the other thread but along the lines of, wasn't having a go at LMA's or anyone else and sorry if I misrepresented what you had said Matt, but thought you had agreed with Mark Bailey when he said that his reasons for leaving were increasing fee's and the fact that with tyres at £500 per set some people were using 2 sets per weekend, which formed the basis of the "buying the front of the grid " comment. Didn't mean to upset anyone, just didn't explain myself properly.
Only wanted some more 216's to play with!!
What's for sale on E-bay, Colin?
Don't remember anyone buying 2 sets per weekend - not even the Byfords with their Protons! I, Dean Clements, & Marting Young (all Gti runners) were buying 2 new slicks per meeting - £270ish if my memory's correct. Perhaps there's been a few too many chinese whispers as to how much money was being spent!? If people were buying 2 sets per meeting that's instantly £11k spent before everything else...equating to an overall budget of nearly £25k!!! To be fair, we did spend £14k in 2004 - which includes hotels (hate camping!), food, getting to & from circuits, entry fees, & all bits associated with running the car, where as in in 2003 we only spent £5k. Compare that to last year with the Clio - 3 toca meetings in total - £15k...that's right, £5k per meeting to run a Clio - OUCH!

The Rovers on ebay are road cars.

Now, moving on, only ever run slicks, what's a 1a/1b tyre?