View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3762638)   #10
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The stated goals are cheaper, simpler and louder. I suspect...

* Hybrid will remain
* Maybe a bump in the amount of energy that can be used by the hybrid side.
* No MGU-H. Just MGU-K
* Likely mandated to be a V design, but unlikely V10 or V12. There may be cost savings to keep the basic V6 rough spec, but it could easily be a V8 due to sound quality.
* I am on the fence regarding turbo remaining.
* Rework of fuel allowance scheme. That may be the main factor to help with the "sound". Less required efficiency of the ICE should result in more energy being converted to sound. This may also be an argument for dropping the turbo.

I think the above checks the required boxes. I think nearly zero chance of it being a full electric solution.

Richard