View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2002, 14:50 (Ref:347879)   #22
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanted to have a go at him after Croft, where he was testing on his Dunlops and was slower than me.. Unfortunately the Yoko's went back on for the race to get the last of the waiver for class A cars, and although I was fastest overall getting held up at the start cost me too much time.

At Brands I had a go in Pre-90's where I could don my Yoko's too, but at Snett of course the class A power was just too much.

I expected more from Lydden, but in Pre-90's again with Yoko's on I had track speed in hand - and quite a lot of it - so yes, I rather fancied a win at last! Still, we think it was nothing more than a fuel filter blockage, but once it started fluffing at speed and it slowed me enough, I pulled in - I've already done "second" and it wasn't a championship push like Group1.

I doubt Silverstone will be the circuit either, too many blasts up the road where the V12's can pull away. Could do with another journey to Croft or Thruxton with some fast demanding corners which suit me and the car a bit more..

I have a lot of time for Brian, but it's no secret my ambition is to beat him, and the tight git in me wants to do it in the RX, instead of buying a class A motor..

I think Pembrey will be my last shot really.

Stacy